If you find that nasal allergies still bother you even after winter has already gone, you may have a mold allergy going on. Mold is, unfortunately, everywhere: it’s found in the leaves outdoors, it’s the prime reason for rotting wood, and it can grow indoors in the corners of damp basements, crawl spaces, and bathrooms. The likelihood of mold allergies becoming a year-round occurrence is real.
Mold consists of microorganisms that are usually found in dark, damp, and humid areas. Places such as your basement, attic, or crawl space are the perfect breeding grounds, especially if they have been ignored for long periods of time. A small patch of mold might not be so much of a threat, but if left untreated and given the opportunity to spread and grow, it can heavily affect one’s health with sensitive individuals being the most vulnerable.
When mold reproduces, they diffuse their spores into the air. The spores attach themselves onto nearby surfaces to start the cycle once more, but those that are airborne can find themselves moving into the lungs of unsuspecting victims. If a person is exposed for too long they could experience the following symptoms, which can lead to allergies, respiratory problems and in extreme cases, even lung cancer.
To control this kind of allergy, avoid mold completely whenever possible — and although it will be nearly impossible to avoid mold outdoors, indoors you can successfully limit your exposure to it by making sure your home is healthy and dry.
A lot of problems begin with mold and the best solution to deal with the organism is to remove the conditions that caused it to grow in the first place.
Here are a few tips and tricks you can use, to keep mold from growing in your home.
If you wish to protect your home from mold and its dangerous effects, contact KC Waterproofing and we will be more than happy to equip your homes with moisture control products or have our team of expert workers waterproof your basement.
Call us or click through here to schedule a free consultation.