Are your foundation walls damaged?
If you have damaged foundation walls that are bowed or tilted…
If you don’t use your basement anymore because the cracked foundation walls are dangerous and ugly…
If you worry that damaged foundation walls will lower your property value…
….then we have the solution to fix this problem for good.
Need Basement Sump Pump Installation in the Kansas City, MO area?
If yes, KC Waterproofing and Foundation Repair is the right choice for the job. We have the experience and knowledge that will give you the best service every time. We’re only happy with our work when the job is done right and done well. We want to make sure every customer is satisfied with our work. Contact us today to schedule a free estimate.
Your foundation walls help support the weight of your entire home. But over time, weather, soil conditions, and other factors can weaken your foundation and cause it to break down.
The most common cause of a damaged foundation wall that is bowing or leaning is excessive pressure from the exterior of the wall. When the pressure becomes too much for the wall to handle, it starts to bow, crack, or even break.
Factors that cause foundation wall damage include:
- Clay soils expand and contract as the moisture in the ground increases and decreases.
- Hydrostatic pressure accumulates water in the soil surrounding the foundation wall, which exerts pressure against the wall.
- Frost in the soil next to the wall can apply pressure to the wall.
- These pressures can cause your basement walls to bow or break.
- Damaged foundation walls are ugly and dangerous, and can allow water and debris to enter your home. If not repaired, these damaged foundation walls could eventually collapse.
How Does Foundation Damage Usually Start?
The soil in the United States varies from region to region, and if your area is known to be filled with soft or unstable soil, it is imperative that your home’s foundation is supported with piering systems that will keep it stable and level. However, this is not always done by contractors pre-construction and will need to be resolved later when you begin to notice foundation issues. Throughout the home’s existence, your foundation may also experience a couple of disasters such as floods and minor ground movements. Your foundation may not be as strong as you think it is and can only sustain a certain amount of stress before it begins to weaken. This is when it’s time to call the professionals at KC Waterproofing and Foundation Repair.
How to Spot Foundation Damage?
It is not only expensive to repair a severely damaged foundation, but can be difficult and time-consuming as well. You can save yourself the trouble of spending too much on repairs because your foundation will show signs of damage early. You just have to pay attention and act when you discover them. When you spot these signs early and catch them in their tracks, you will save money in the long run. Leaving foundation issues will only cause them to become worse and more expensive to repair over time.
Signs Of Foundation Issues
- Tilting chimneys
- Sinking floors over a crawl space
- Cracks along window frames, door openings, and walls
- Horizontal or stair-step cracks along walls
- Uneven flooring
While some of these problems may seem like normal issues that are nothing to worry about, they should not be ignored. In addition to being a sign of foundation failure, tilting chimneys can become a liability issue if you have falling bricks. Sinking floors and cracks along window and door frames and walls are also a big sign of shifting and settling of the foundation which needs to be resolved as soon as possible. In most cases, when you notice foundation problems they will need to be repaired. Whether it will be a small or large repair will depend on the severity of the issue. However, it’s always best to get a free estimate and see what our professionals have to say before jumping to any conclusions.
Some Areas Are Harder to Spot
Additionally, there are also foundation warning signs which are harder to spot. If you think that there may be a problem but you’re not sure, it’s better to just call the professionals and get a free estimate to figure out the issue. At KC Waterproofing and Foundation Repair, we are the experts you need to tackle foundation damage and waterproofing issues. We are efficient professionals who will help you find out the problem, offer solutions, and repair the issue.
You Don’t Have to Live with Damaged Foundation Walls Any Longer
- We love to fix foundation walls! And we can fix yours, too.
- Our proven solutions include wall anchors and engineered wall tie-back systems that will straighten and support your damaged walls.
- These solutions can make your property is safe and usable again.
Advantages of Foundation Repair:
- Installation can be completed in one day.
- Can be installed when interior access is limited.
- There is a limited disturbance to landscaping and yard.
- Will strengthen the wall immediately with the excavation.
- It’s a permanent solution.
Contact us today to learn more about all of our foundation repair solutions.
Your Basement Waterproofing and Foundation Repair experts in Kansas City, MO and including Excelsior Springs, Platte City, Plattsburg, Richmond, and more!