Most causes of a basement leak or excessive moisture include damage to gutters and downspouts, improper and ineffective grading of your home, damaged or poorly installed window wells, and structural or foundation damage.
By typing “Basement Waterproofing Near Me” into the search bar, it’s clear you’re ready to explore getting professional help in solving your basement moisture issue. The next thing on the mind of many Kansas City homeowners is “how much will basement waterproofing near me cost?”
Here we will explain what a basement waterproofer will do, as well as how much you can expect to spend.
What Does A Basement Waterproofer Contractor Do?
If you have noticed that you are in need of basement waterproofing and you seem to have a basement leak, there are a few good reasons why you should call a basement waterproofing contractor to repair your Kansas City home and finally live with a dry basement!
A professional basement waterproofing export will do the following:
- Visit your home on-site and determine the cause of the wet basement
- Determine the best course of action that will mitigate the basement leak
- Complete basement waterproofing that will result in a dry basement
In the end, a basement waterproofing contractor can help with, most importantly, getting you a dry basement now and help you avoid having moisture problems in the future.
The Numbers: How Much Will Basement Waterproofing Cost?
After years helping homeowners with their wet basements and providing solid basement waterproofing solutions, here’s what we can tell you:
- The average cost to waterproof a basement is $1,920 to $6,320 (this also translates to between $3 and $9 per square foot). This price includes both materials and labor, so that estimate should cover the entire basement waterproofing job in Kansas City.
- In particular, interior basement repairs that don’t require an excavation typically cost around $500 to $1,500 from beginning to end. In contrast, large extensive basement repairs such as causes related to drainage flaws and foundation issues can run $10,000 or more.
The Real Cost of a Wet Basement
While you’re here to determine how much it will cost to get basement waterproofing in your Kansas City metro area home, the real question: how much is a leaky foundation costing you by not fixing it?
A wet basement is typically seen to cause damage to the home’s foundation, support beams and walls. Even more concerning, a wet basement can cause serious health problems as a result of mildew and mold build-up. In fact, did you know that according to an article published by Health Day, 10 percent of Americans are allergic to mold?
Dry Basement Solutions in Kansas City
A Basement Waterproofer Contractor can help you get your home back to its comfortable state and promote solid home integrity for years to come.
Hiring KC Waterproofing to do your basement waterproofing will give you the peace of mind that your basement will be waterproofed right the first time. Contact us today to schedule a free estimate.
Working hard in Basement Waterproofing and Foundation Repair for the residents in Northland Missouri including, Weatherby Lake, Lake Waukomis, Platte Woods, Platte City, Richmond and more!
For more valuable articles like this one to keeping your Kansas City metro area home dry, visit our Ultimate Guide to Waterproofing Your Kansas City Home.