Crawl Space Vapor Barriers in Kansas City
Crawl spaces are located underneath your home, so the chance of getting a water runoff is quite common. Unfortunately, a common design choice for crawl space floors happens to be dirt, so if left alone for too long, they can become a bad breeding ground for mold. Vapor barrier installation provides the crawl space with a moisture protection layer to prevent the negative effects of moisture such as mold, floor failure, increased electricity costs, odors, insects, dust mites, and worsened asthma or allergy symptoms. Call KC Waterproofing and Foundation Repair to speak to our crawl space vapor barrier installers!
What Does A Vapor Barrier Do?
Crawl spaces are usually ground level or subterranean areas with damp dirt floors that water that can easily soak up moisture. This can lead to things like mold and mildew growth, insects, rotting wood, and more. These issues cost a lot to repair, and can actually leave your property uninhabitable due to health risks.
A vapor barrier is a kind of material that’s used to resist moisture from entering through the wall, ceiling, and even the floor. Essentially, a vapor barrier’s job is to create a layer of protection between your home and the dirty crawl space beneath it. It’s also useful as an energy-saving method so you can lower your heating bills while ensuring that your home feels more comfortable.
Benefits Of Vapor Barrier Installation
Here at KC Waterproofing and Foundation Repair, we recommend having a crawl space vapor barrier installed to protect from a number of things. Having us put one in can bring noticeable results and benefits to your Kansas City home!
- Fast, clean installation – Our vapor barrier installation team works with skill and efficiency to quickly get things put in and installed. Then, we will get out of your way and let your enjoy the peace of mind.
- Eliminate mold and mildew from the air in your home – Vapor barrier installationkeeps moisture from seeping into the walls or floors, which creates a breeding ground for mold spores.
- Utility bill savings – A crawl space vapor barrier keeps humidity levels down, meaning your home will not feel so hot and sticky inside and you will not need to run the air conditioning as much.
- Protects from structural damage – Vapor barriers keep the wood from your property’s structure from rotting and being eaten away and weakened by water damage.
- Lower the risk of electrical hazards – Protect your crawl space from fires by installing a vapor barrier to keep electrical components from getting wet.
Kansas City’s Vapor Barrier Experts
Call our crawl space vapor barrier experts today to speak with them about how they can help protect your property in Kansas City. We have many years of experience working with homeowners in the area, and are eager to serve you! Reach out to KC Waterproofing and Foundation Repair today!